Its a draft now. We decided to make use of this document in an extraordinary manner: We divided it across departments and sketched few steps ahead for a given department. Each step is planned towards better gameplay, each step results in something "real" going out of the project. This is not a "task list" type of roadmap, which is common in software development, but rather careful plan of developing good game, that Wesnoth Tactics is going to be soon, hopefully. Our project simply looks too complicated to put it into linear set of milestones and tasks. There are some ideas that need to be checked in practice, though.
Web & community activity
The Emperor's New Clothes
|More attractive site: Making our web nest look really attractive for our new guests, and more appealing to developers.. ~ by snowdrop|
|snowdrop by: New index page|
|snowdrop wished by: New Wiki Skin|
|snowdrop wished by: Gaian Intro Page|
|snowdrop wished by: Red Banner Intro Page|
|snowdrop wished by: House of Nobles Intro Page|
|snowdrop wished by: Empire|
Rule set development and manual
Have a clear view of all the card types that are used inside of our game. Document it throughly.
- Written clear guidelines for why, on what grounds and when new card types should be created.
- Named all card types.
- Currently only Creatures, Event, Equipment & Artifacts are named.
- Outlined faction abilities in core set
- Write a part of manual related to the topic
Example item: Blood Pressure
Have a clear view on how the game works. Write down initial set of rules and refine those
Example item: Beta Blockers
To complete this operation, initial rulebook has to be released in PDF form for internal development purpose
Example item: Calcium channel
Getting feedback from players is our main goal here. Release initial manual for players. Gather feedback. Draw conclusions.
Gaian faction cards development
Release Gaian faction in state ready for wide playtesting and entertainment. After it finishes - proceed to Clove Evening operation.
- Created about 50 Gaian cards with(out) art.
- Created Gaian Scribus template.
- Updated LackeyCCG patch.
- Playtested & revised.
Needs Clove Morning operation to be finished first. Release Gaian faction in state 100% ready for ordinary player, with its features frozen.
- Get all art for Gaian cards.
- Assemble Gaian cards.
- Update LackeyCCG patch so it gets all graphics.
- Playtest & revise.
- Rules freeze: Core rules, e.g. resource and attack systems are set in stone.
Other factions will be taken care of after finishing Clove Morning
Example item: Rosetta
Translated most important set of static pages
Example item: Babylon
Translated officially released game cards
Example item: Alexandria
Translated final version of game manual
Card game app
|40px Create gcCG module: with latest playtesting cards obtained from snowdrop. ~ to isharacomix|
|snowdrop wished by: Change resolution gcCG|
Easy approach and entry for new artists should be our main goal here. We would need a graphical design document consisting of:
- workflow description
- detailed style guide
- links to tutorials
The goal is to have stylistic guide needed for every faction.
Brushes & knives
The goal is to attract artists to work upon card artwork
- Create a dedicated page for this purpose.
- Explain what the game is about and what open source means.
- Inform about huge creative freedom & why they're very needed in this project.
- Offer only artist that contribute with a piece for free to have names printed on each card.
- Offer personal accounts on our blog where they can post about their works/projects.
- Link back to their sites & support them any way we can.
- Export it to a pdf booklet.
Media and advertizing
Example item: Black Celebration
Search for help in game development communities, find and ask podcasters and bloggers for coverage
Example item: White wedding
Look for obstacles for newcoming players, ask major web and paper magazines for some attention
First cry (done here)
Identify and pinpoint all the design elements that need managing at all. This should give immediate overview on whole project, its divisions and scopes.
First steps (probably done)
Prepare 1-2 first steps for every of design elements.
Make sure everything is running smooth. Be sure to develop working mechanisms that take care of issues blocking eachother.
// none right now